Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-361

 

LST-361 was laid down on 10 August 1942 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 10 October 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Leverett Saltonstall; and delivered to and commissioned by representatives of the United Kingdom on 16 November 1942. She was returned to United States Navy custody on 7 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 11 October 1947, the tank landing ship was sold to Luria Bros. & Co., Inc., of Philadelphia, Pa., for scrapping.