LST-360 was laid down on 21 November 1942 at the Charleston Navy Yard; launched on 11 January 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Willard James Riddick; and commissioned on 9 February 1943.
During World War II, LST-360 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July and August 1943 Anzio-Nettuno advanced landings — January
through March 1944 Invasion of Normandy—June 1944 The tank landing ship was transferred to the United Kingdom on 29 November 1944 and returned to United States Navy custody and decommissioned on 10 June 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 15 August 1946 and sold on 8 October 1947.
LST-360 earned three battle stars for World War II service.