LST-351 was laid down on 9 November 1942 at the Norfolk Navy Yard; launched on 7 February 1943; sponsored by Mrs. P. F. Wakeman; and commissioned on 24 February 1943.
During World War II, LST-351 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Anzio-Nettuno advanced landings — January through March 1944
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
On 12 December 1944, she was transferred to the United Kingdom. The tank landing ship was struck from the Navy list on 15 October 1946 and returned to • United States Navy custody on 10 December 1946. She was sold to the Netherlands sometime between 30 December 1946 and 17 June 1947.
LST-351 earned four battle stars for World War II service.