LST-350 was laid down on 10 November 1942 at the Norfolk Navy Yard; launched on 7 February 1943; sponsored by Mrs. C. M. Terry; and commissioned on 13 February 1943.
During World War II, LST-350 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
LST-350 was redesignated Chandra (ARL-46) on 25 May 1945, but the redesignation was subsequently cancelled. The ship was decommissioned on 26 May 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 12 March 1946. On 2 December 1946, she was sold to the Suwannee Steam Ship Co., Charleston, S.C., and converted for merchant service.
LST-350 earned three battle stars for World War II service.