LST-346 was laid down on 17 October 1942 at the Norfolk Navy Yard; launched on 15 December 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Felix X. Gygax, Jr.; and commissioned on 25 January 1943.
During World War II, LST-346 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normany—June 1944
On 20 November 1944, she was transferred to the United Kingdom and returned to United States Navy custody on 2 May 1946. She was decommissioned on 4 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. LST-346 was sold to Bosey, Philippines, on 5 December 1947.
LST-346 earned three battle stars for World War II service.