LST-345 was laid down on 17 October 1942 at the Norfolk Navy Yard; launched on 15 December 1942; sponsored by Mrs. John B. Brown; and commissioned on 21 January 1943.
During World War II, LST-345 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy-—June 1944
Following the war, LST-345 was decommissioned on 5 December 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 3 January 1946. On 23 March 1948, she was sold to the Ships & Power Equipment Co., Barber, N.J., and scrapped.
LST-345 earned three battle stars for World War II