LST-336 was laid down on 17 July 1942 at the Norfolk Navy Yard; launched on 15 October 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Thomas B. Richey; and commissioned on 11 December 1942.
During World War II, LST-336 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
She was decommissioned and transferred to the United Kingdom on 27 November 1944 and returned to United States Navy custody on 7 March 1946. LST-336 was struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 22 October 1947, she was sold to Luria Bros. & Co., Inc., of Philadelphia, Pa.
LST-336 earned three battle stars for World War II service.