LST-335 was laid down on 17 July 1942 at the Norfolk Navy Yard; launched on 15 October 1942; sponsored by Mrs. B. V. McCandlish; and commissioned on 6 December 1942.
During World War II, LST-335 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 22 December 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 8 January 1946. She was sold to James A. Hughes, New York, N.Y., on 1 December 1947, for scrapping.
LST-335 earned three battle stars for World War II service.