LST-334 was laid down on 17 July 1942 at the Norfolk Navy Yard; launched on 15 October 1942; sponsored by Mrs. W. M. Thompson; and commissioned on 29 November 1942, Lt. George Alyward, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-334 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Vella Lavella occupation—October 1943
Occupation and defense of Cape Torokina—November and December 1943
Capture and occupation of Guam—July and August 1944
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—April through June 1945
Following the war, LST-334 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-October 1945. Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 24 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 22 April 1948, she was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., Bethlehem, Pa., for scrapping. LST-334 earned four battle stars and the Navy Unit Commendation for World War II service.