LST-332 was laid down on 29 October 1942 at the Philadelphia Navy Yard; launched on 24 December 1942; sponsored by Mrs. G. W. Henderson; and commissioned on 6 February 1943.
During World War II, LST-332 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
LST-332 was decommissioned on 22 May 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 12 March 1946. On 17 October 1946, the tank landing ship was sold to the Suwannee Steamship Co., Charleston, S.C., for conversion to merchant service.
LST-332 earned three battle stars for World War II service.