LST-331 was laid down on 12 November 1942 at the Philadelphia Navy Yard; launched on 11 February 1943; sponsored by Miss Ruth Stout; and commissioned on 11 March 1943.
During World War II, LST-331 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Tunisian operations—July 1943
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
She was transferred to the United Kingdom on 20 November 1944 and returned to United States Navy custody and decommissioned on 16 March 1946. LST-331 was struck from the Navy ist on 26 February 1946 and sold to Bosey. Philippines, on 13 February 1948.
LST-331 earned four battle stars for World War II service.