LST-327 was laid down on 12 November 1942 at the Philadelphia Navy Yard; launched on 11 February 1943; sponsored by Miss Helen B. Higgins; and commissioned on 5 March 1943.
During World War II, LST-327 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Tunisian operations—July 1943
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Anzio-Nettuno advanced landings — January through March 1944
Normandy invasion—June 1944
On 27 August 1944, LST-327 was severely damaged by an enemy mine in the English Channel. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 19 November 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 5 December 1945. The tank landing ship was sold to the Sun Shipbuilding & Drydock Co., Chester, Pa., on 15 September 1948.
LST-327 earned five battle stars for World War II service.