LST-326 was laid down on 12 November 1942 at the Philadelphia Navy Yard; launched on 11 February 1943; sponsored by Miss Mildred E. Kelly; and commissioned on 26 February 1943.
During World War II, LST-326 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the Sicilian occupation in July 1943, the Anzio-Nettuno advanced landings in January and February 1944, and the invasion of Normandy in June 1944.
On 9 December 1944, LST-326 was transferred to the United Kingdom and returned to United States Navy custody on 25 February 1946. She was decommissioned the following day and struck from the Navy list. She was sold to France on 5 April 1946.
LST-326 earned three battle stars for World War II service.