LST-324 was laid down on 10 August 1942 at the Philadelphia Navy Yard; launched on 5 November 1942; and sponsored by Mrs. James A. Boyle.
On 23 January 1943, LST-324 was transferred to the United Kingdom and returned to United States Navy custody on 1 June 1946. The tank landing ship was struck from the Navy list on 3 July 1946 and sold to Bosey, Philippines, on 13 February 1948.
The American-built British LST-324 heads for the Anzio beachhead, January 1944. Barrage balloons were often flown from LST's to discourage strafing attacks by low-flying planes. Note the British surface-search radar above LST-324's wheelhouse.