Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-323

 

LST-323 was laid down on 10 August 1942 at the Philadelphia Navy Yard; launched on 5 November 1942; and sponsored by Mrs. Raymond McDowell.

 

On 18 January 1943, LST-323 was transferred to the United Kingdom and returned to United States Navy custody and commissioned on 26 January 1946. She was decommissioned on 5 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. On 9 October 1947, the tank landing ship was sold to Luria Bros. & Co., of Philadelphia, Pa., for scrapping.