Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-319

 

LST-319 was laid down on 10 August 1942 at the Philadelphia Navy Yard; launched on 5 November 1942; and sponsored by Mrs. E. F. Stutzke.

 

On 15 December 1942, LST-319 was transferred to the United Kingdom and returned to United States Navy custody on 17 December 1945. She was struck from the Navy list on 21 January 1946 and sold to the Ships & Power Equipment Corp., Barber, N.J., on 9 March 1948 and converted for merchant service.