LST-315 was laid down on 15 October 1942 at the New York Navy Yard; launched on 28 January 1943; sponsored by Miss Helen Clair Leuteritz; and commissioned on 3 February 1943.
During World War II, LST-315 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July and August 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
The tank landing ship was transferred to the United Kingdom on 9 December 1944 and returned to United States Navy custody on 16 March 1946 and decommissioned. She was struck from the Navy list on 26 February 1946 and sold, on 5 December 1947, to Bosey, Philippines.
LST-315 earned three battle stars for World War II service.