LST-312 was laid down on 7 September 1942 at the New York Navy Yard; launched on 30 December 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Mary E. Storin; and commissioned on 9 January 1943, Lt. Charles L. Haslup, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-312 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 12 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August 1946. On 13 December 1947, she was sold to James A. Hughes, New York, N.Y., for scrapping.
LST-312 earned three battle stars for World War II service.