LST-311 was laid down on 7 September 1942 at the New York Navy Yard; launched on 30 December 1942; sponsored by Miss Marie L. Paternoster; and commissioned on 11 January 1943.
During World War II, LST-311 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
On 20 November 1944, LST-311 was transferred to the United Kingdom and returned to United States Navy custody on 11 April 1946 and was decommissioned. She was struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946 and sold to an unknown buyer on 5 December that same year. She was resold at a later date to T. Y. Fong.
LST-311 earned three battle stars for World War II service.