LST-307 was laid down on 15 September 1942 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 9 November 1942;
sponsored by Miss Lauretta Watts; and commissioned on 23 December 1942, Lt. James B. Markham in command.
During World War II, LST-307 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
Following the war, LST-307 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early March 1946. Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 13 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July 1946. On 30 March 1948, she was sold to Kaiser Co., Inc., of Seattle, Wash., for scrapping.
LST-307 earned three battle stars for World War II service.