Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-304

 

LST-304 was laid down on 3 July 1942 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 21 September 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Justine F. Dinn; and commissioned on 29 November 1942.

 

LST-304 was transferred to the United Kingdom on 30 November 1942 and returned to United States Navy custody on 29 November 1946. On 1 August 1947, she was struck from the Navy list and sold to Tung Hwa Trading Co., Singapore, on 7 October 1947 for conversion for merchant service.