Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-301

 

LST-301 was laid down on 26 June 1942 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 15 September 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Margaret A. Caruso; and commissioned on 1 November 1942.

 

LST-301 performed no active service with the United States Navy. She was transferred to the United Kingdom on 6 November 1942 and returned to United States Navy custody on 20 March 1946. LST-301 was transferred to the War Shipping Administration for disposition and struck from the Navy list in December 1947.