LST-295 was laid down on 19 October 1943 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 24 December 1943; sponsored by Miss Virginia Helen Valenta; and commissioned on 7 February 1944.
During World War II, LST-295 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944.
Upon returning to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 28 December 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 12 April 1946. On 12 September 1947, she was sold to C. W. Edwards for conversion to merchant service.
LST-295 earned one battle star for World War II service.