LST-294 was laid down on 12 October 1943 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 15 December 1943; sponsored by Mrs. J. S. Sohn; and commissioned on 20 January 1944, Ensign Edward J. Cantelope, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-294 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944.
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 18 December 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 8 January 1946. On 13 October 1947, she was sold to Luria Bros. & Co., of Philadelphia, Pa.
LST-294 earned one battle star for World War II service.