LST-292 was laid down on 30 September 1943 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 28 November 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Stuart Brown, Jr.; and commissioned on 5 January 1944.
During World War II, LST-292 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 25 January 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 12 April 1946. On 21 January 1948, she was sold to Hughes Bros., New York, N.Y., for scrapping.
LST-292 earned one battle star for World War II service.