LST-287 was laid down on 30 August 1943 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 31 October 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Agnes Johnston; and commissioned on 15 December 1943, Lt. Frank P. Eldredge, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-287 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. LST-287 was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service on 29 May 1951 where she operated as USNS LST-287. USNS LST-287 was later transferred to the Philippine Navy on 13 September 1976.
LST-287 earned one battle star for World War II service.