LST-280 was laid down on 16 July 1943 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 26 September 1943; sponsored by Miss Lois Johnston; and commissioned on 2 November 1943.
During World War II, LST-280 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. On 26 October 1944, she was transferred to the United Kingdom and returned to United States Navy custody on 11 April 1946. She was decommissioned on 13 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. LST-280 was sold to Bosey, Philippines, on 5 December 1947.
LST-280 earned one battle star for World War II.service.