LST-276 was laid down on 10 May 1943 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 29 August 1943; sponsored by Mrs. J. S. Ragland; and commissioned on 11 October 1943.
During World War II, LST-276 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro AtollsóFebruary 1944
Hollandia operationóApril 1944
Capture and occupation of GuamóJuly 1944
Capture and occupation of southern Palau IslandsóSeptember and October 1944
Lingayen Gulf landingóJanuary 1945
Following the war, LST-276† was redesignated LSTH-276 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. The tank landing ship returned to the United States and was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service on 31 March 1952 for service as LST-276 (T-LST-276) until she was struck from the Navy list on 10 June 1973 and sold.
LST-276 earned five battle stars for World War II service.