LST-275 was laid down on 22 April 1943 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 22 August 1943; sponsored by Mrs. J. N. Walker; and commissioned on 5 October 1943.
During World War II, LST-275 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the capture and occupation of Saipan in June and August 1944 and the Tinian capture and occupation in July and August 1944. Following the war, LST-275 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 16 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September 1946. On 5 April 1948, she was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., for scrapping.
LST-275 earned two battle stars for World War II service.