LST-270 was laid down on 13 January 1943 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 18 July 1944; sponsored by Mrs. R. D. Seagraves; and commissioned on 8 September 1943, Lt. O. W. Barber in command.
During World War II, LST-270 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls—January and February 1944
Hollandia operation—April 1944
Capture and occupation of Guam—July 1944
Leyte landings—October 1944
LST-270 was sold on 12 May 1950.
LST-270 earned four battle stars for World War II.service.