LST-269 was laid down on 28 December 1942 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 4 July 1943; sponsored by Mrs. J. J. Graham; and commissioned on 27 August 1943, Lt. F. C. Helm, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-269 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Hollandia operation—April 1944
Capture and occupation of Saipan—June and July 1944
Leyte landings—October 1944
Nasugbu at Manila Bay—January 1945
Following the war, LST-269 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 7 February 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 23 December 1947. On 28 May 1948, she was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., for scrapping.
LST-269 earned four battle stars for World War II service.