LST-267 was laid down on 21 November 1942 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 6 June 1943; sponsored by Mrs. D. L. See; and commissioned on 9 August 1943.
During World War II, LST-267 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Capture and occupation of Saipan—June and July 1944
Capture and occupation of Tinian—July 1944
Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands—September and October 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—-March through June 1945
Following the war, LST-267 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until January 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 25 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 24 September 1947, the ship was sold to William E. Skinner for scrapping.
LST-267 earned five battle stars for World War II service.