Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-237

 

LST-237 was laid down on 9 February 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co., launched on 8 June 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Ralph Sollitt; and commissioned on 30 June 1943. The tank landing ship saw no active service with the United States Navy. On 12 July 1943, she was transferred to the United Kingdom and was returned to United States Navy custody on 11 February 1946. LST-237 was struck from the Navy list on 26 February 1946 and was sold to Bosey, Philippines, on 5 November 1947 and converted for merchant service.