LST-230 was laid down on 10 June 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 12 October 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Lottie Reeks; and commissioned on 3 November 1943.
During World War II, LST-230 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944 and the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. Following the war, LST-230 performed occupation duty in the Far East in September 1945 and March 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 4 March 1946 and was transferred to the Shipping Control Authority, Japan, on 31 March 1952, where she operated as T-LST-230. T-LST-230 was transferred to the Philippine Navy on 13 September 1976.
LST-230 earned two battle stars for World War II service.