LST-225 was laid down on 14 April 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 4 September 1943; sponsored by Miss Mary Oklesen; and commissioned on 2 October 1943.
During World War II, LST-225 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Capture and occupation of Saipan—June and July 1944
Tinian capture and occupation—July 1944
Capture and occupation of the southern Palau Islands—September and October 1944
Following the war, LST-225 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 30 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August 1946. On 16 December 1947, she was sold to the Learner Co., of Oakland, Calif., for scrapping.
LST-225 earned two battle stars for World War II service.