LST-219 was laid down on 18 February 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 27 July 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Anthony F. Nosek; and was commissioned on 19 August 1943.
During World War II, LST-219 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the capture and occupation of Guam in July 1944 and the Leyte landings in October 1944. Following the war, LST-219 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 29 November 1948 and struck from the Navy list on 22 December 1948. On 25 February 1949, she was sold to Foss Launch & Tug Co., of Tacoma, Wash.
LST-219 earned two battle stars for World War II service.