Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-215

 

LST-215 was laid down on 8 January 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 26 June 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Frank T. Kegley; and commissioned on 12 July 1943. The tank landing ship never saw active service with the United States Navy. On 19 July 1943, she was transferred to the United Kingdom and was returned to United States Navy custody on 27 July 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 29 October 1946 and was sold and converted for merchant service on 11 September 1947