LST-214 was laid down on 29 December 1942 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 22 June 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Mabel Glenn; and commissioned on 7 July 1943. The tank landing ship never saw active service with the United States Navy. On 24 July 1943, she was transferred to the United Kingdom and was returned to United States Navy custody on 26 January 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 12 April 1946. On 3 March 1947, she was sold to N. Block Co., of Norfolk, Va., for scrapping.