LST-213 was laid down on 21 December 1942 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 16 June 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Marvin Sack; and commissioned on 7 July 1943.
During World War II, LST-213 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
(a) Capture and occupation of SaipanóJune and July 1944
(b) Tinian capture and occupationJuly and August 1944
(c) Leyte landingsOctober and November 1944
LST-213 was redesignated LSTH-213 on 15 September 1945. The ship performed occupation duty in the Far East until late November 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 11 March 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 5 March 1947. On 26 June 1947, she was transferred as a sale to American Military Government, Korea.
LSTH-213 earned three battle stars for World War II service as LST-213.
25 August 1944