LST-208 was laid down on 7 September 1942 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 11 May 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Bernice Neurohr; and commissioned on 8 June 1943, Lt. Robert W. Emmons, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-208 was assigned to the European theater and took part in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. Following the war, LST-208 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-May 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 12 June 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 3 July 1946. On 5 December 1947, she was sold to Bosey, Philippines.
LST-208 earned one battle star for World War II