LST-207 was laid down on 7 September 1942 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 29 April 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Florence Horton Gillatt; and commissioned on 9 June 1943.
During World War II, LST-207 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Occupation and defense of Cape Torokina—November 1943
Green Islands landing—February 1944
Capture and occupation of Guam—July 1944
Leyte landing—October 1944
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—May 1945
Following the war, LST-207 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-November 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 20 March 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 17 April 1946. On 19 December 1947, she was sold to the Ships & Power Equipment Corp., of Barber, N.J., for scrapping.
LST-207 earned five battle stars for World War II service.