LST-204 was laid down on 24 July 1942 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 3 April 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Florence S. Jacobs; and commissioned on 27 April 1943.
During World War II, LST-204 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Eastern New Guinea operation:
(a) Finschhafen occupation—September 1943
(b) Saidor occupation—January and February 1944
Bismarck Archipelago operation:
(a) Cape Gloucester, New Britain—December 1943, January, February and March 1944
Hollandia operation—April and May 1944
Western New Guinea operations:
(a) Biak Island operation—June 1944
(b) Noemfoor Island operation—July 1944
(c).Cape Sansapor operation—July and August 1944
(d).Mprotai landings—September 1944
Leyte landings—October and November 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Mindanao Island landings—March and April 1945
LST-204 was decommissioned on 23 February 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 8 October 1947, she was sold to the New Orleans Shipwrecking Corp., of Chicago, III., for scrapping.
LST-204 earned seven battle stars for World War II service.