LST-200 was laid down on 2 July 1942 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 20 February 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Mary Armstrong; and commissioned on 16 March 1943.
LST-200 saw no service with the United States Navy. On 25 March 1943, she was transferred to the United Kingdom and was returned to United States Navy custody on 27 February 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 17 April 1946 and was sold to the Ships & Power Equipment Corp., of Barber, N.J., on 26 March 1948. She was later resold and converted for merchant