Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-199

 

LST-199 was laid down on 27 June 1942 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 7 February 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Mary Bell; and commissioned on 1 March 1943. LST-199 saw no service with the United States Navy. On 19 March 1943, she was decommissioned and transferred to the United Kingdom. On 27 March 1946, she was lost while on lease and was struck from the Navy list on 17 April 1946.