Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-180

 

LST-180 was laid down in 8 February 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 3 June 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Samuel M. Galls; and commissioned on 29 June 1943.

 

On 10 July 1943, LST-180_ was decommissioned and transferred to the United Kingdom. She was returned to United States Navy custody on 17 December 1945 and was struck from the Navy list on 21 January 1946. LST-180 was sold to the Ships & Power Equipment Co., of Barber, N.J., on 10 March 1948, and was converted for merchant service.