Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-172

 

LST-172 was laid down on 24 December 1942 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 12 May 1943; sponsored by Mrs. R. H. G. Mathews; and commissioned on 11 June 1943. She performed service in China until late May 1946. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 8 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 9 June 1946. LST-172 was sold to Bosey, Philippines, on 5 November 1947 and converted for merchant service.