LST-169 was laid down on 1 October 1942 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 26 February 1943; sponsored by Mrs. L. S. Oakes; and commissioned on 22 May 1943.
During World War II, LST-169 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Gilbert Islands operation—November and December 1943
(a) Capture and occupation of Saipan—June and July 1944
Leyte landing—October 1944
Following the war, LST-169 performed occupation duty in the Par East until early December 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 12 April 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946 and was sold to Luria Steel & Trading Corp., of New York, N.Y., on 24 October 1947 for scrapping.
LST-169 earned three battle stars for World War II service.