LST-165 was laid down on 7 September 1942 at Evansville. Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 2 February 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Frank Harrison; and commissioned on 3 April 1943. The tank landing ship never saw service with the United States Navy. The ship was decommissioned on 6 April 1943 and transferred to the United Kingdom. She was returned to United States Navy custody on 20 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. LST-165 was sold to the Northern Metals Co., of Philadelphia, Pa., for scrapping.