LST-160 was laid down on 21 July 1942 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 30 November 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Basil T. Kehoe; and commissioned on 18 February 1943. The tank landing ship never saw active service with the United States Navy. She was decommissioned on 4 March 1943 and transferred to the United Kingdom on 6 March 1943. The ship was returned to United States custody on 1 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July 1946. On 5 December 1947, she was sold to Bosey, Philippines.