LST-141 was laid down on 24 November 1943 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 16 January 1944; and commissioned on 16 February 1944.
During World War II, LST-141 was assigned to the European theater and took part in the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944.
Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 18 December 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 7 February 1946. On 25 May 1948, the ship was sold to Hughes Bros. Inc., of New York, N.Y., for scrapping.
LST-141 earned one battle star for World War II service.